January 07, 2011

Vegetarian Pizza

Last night I wanted something healthy and delicious for dinner so I browsed through my cupboard and my fridge and gathered up the ingredients to make a vegetarian pizza. The end result was amazing and it was so easy to make too, maybe like 15 minutes in total, which is perfect for students who are strapped for cash and want something healthy (which is way better than throwing a chemical infused frozen pizza in the oven). 

Okay, so here is what you'll need:


-1 whole wheat pita
-Tomato sauce
-Grated mozzarella cheese
-Green pepper
-1 thick tomato slice
-A handful of spinach
-Pepper


So I started off by preheating my oven to 400 degrees and lined the pita on a plate and spread 2tbsp of tomato sauce onto the pita. Then you're going to want to put a layer of grated cheese over the tomato sauce. Next you're going to chop up some green pepper and tomato and spread it over the pizza (be generous with the veggies, although if you're not a fan of pepper or tomatos, you can switch it out with something else). 

After this, take a handful of spinach and take a knife and chop the spinach into pieces so it's easier to spread over the pizza. Next, take a little bit more mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it over the spinach. For some added flavour, I sprinkled pepper over the top. Then you're going to want to place your pizza into the oven for about 10 minutes, give or take, depending on how crispy you like your pizza. And there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks positively deadly! Don't you know vegetables are bad for you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This is perfect. I think I'll have to try this!!

    KF x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...