January 08, 2012

Geocaching

A few days ago I went Geocaching for the first time ever! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Geocaching, its basically a big outdoor treasure hunt where you use GPS coordinates to find containers stashed with little trinkets and paper where you and your group of friends can sign your names and the date that you found the cache. The tradition is that you bring little trinkets or toys that belong to you and take an item that someone else left and leave your own. And caches are everywhere, seriously! It's so easy to find caches in your area, and there are winter friendly ones too! Here are a few pictures that I snapped on our hunt for caches in the Ganaraska forest (we found 3!)

geocache1 geocache3 geocache2

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I've heard about this! This sounds like so much fun! I must try it soon..

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  2. it´s great to see your ideas put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun, such a neat activity! I wonder if there are any in my area :3

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they came in a little box. How fun! I will have to try this. New to your blog. Love your taste! Think I'll have to follow...

    -Joi
    http://www.joyful-wife-joiful-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a geocaching dork, as well! My boyfriend and I love to geocache when we travel, but he's been stationed in Germany for 2 years (and is currently deployed) and I am stuck in the states, so we don't get to do it very often! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin' or Twitter!

    I also have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...