January 01, 2012

Holiday Mugs

For Christmas gifts, I wanted to do something special for everyone, I really wanted to get creative! So when I read through this tutorial on Ladies Home Journal about painted botanical mugs, I got crafty! I went out and bought some porcelain mugs and porcelain pens at Michaels and got to work. I made the botanical mugs for the girls I was gifting to, and for the guys that I was gifting to, I decided to make moustache mugs! On one side of the mug I freehanded a french moustache and on the other side I made other 'staches. To finish off the gifts, I stashed kisses, hot chocolate mix, a mix of teas and sparkler sticks. 

This tutorial was so much fun that I think I'm going to have to make more! The botanical mugs turned out so amazing (I didn't follow a template) that I had to make one for myself! I even signed my name at the bottoms of the mugs to personalize them a little. I hope that everyone loved them! ♥ 

3 comments:

  1. Cool designs....now, can you please decorate my white teapot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute idea! i wish i were better at illustration... i'd love to try this myself! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...