August 10, 2011

Summer Reading List

It's still weird how fast the summer has flown fly! I only finished summer classes about a week ago and my summer is cut short to only a few weeks before my final semester starts. To optimize my few short weeks of "summer", I organized a reading list that I hope to finish before September comes around. Here are a few that I'm planning on reading:
a). Eat Pray Love: I've been wanting to read this book for a long time and right now is the perfect time to dive into Elizabeth Gilbert's adventures across Italy, India and Indonesia. I've already started reading and I'm in love with Gilbert's descriptions of Italy, it makes me want to go back and have a delicious slice of Italian pizza, yum! So far, I love the book!

b). My Name is Memory: My mom picked this book up a few days ago and it sounds really interesting. It's about past lives and falling in love. The two characters Daniel and Sophia have spent centuries falling in love over and over again, life after life, and across continents.  Daniel has the memory to recall his past lives which is both a gift and a curse. This book sounds really juicy! 

c). The Heart of the Matter: I'm a huge fan of Emily Giffin's other books and I've read them all more than once. The Heart of the Matter is Giffin's 5th novel and its about two women, Tessa and Valerie and how a tragic accident causes their lives to intersect with one another. It's still a mystery about what this book is about, but if they're anything like her other books, this one is sure to be great!

ps: What are your summer reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...