July 12, 2010

Cityscape




So, I'm a bit disappointed that the Netherlands lost in the World Cup finals. It was a tough game, and the Dutch played great. It would have been nice for them to win, but there's always next time! They're going to be fierce competition come the 2014 World Cup held in Brazil (I'll be 25 years old then, yikes!). Anyways, onto less depressing news!Here are a few photos that are inspiring me right now:

4200565955_c4246b5e23_large
Photo: weheartit
Amsterdam in the wintertime. Doesn't it look so pretty? I can just imagine someone riding up to the rail and parking their bicycle before grabbing a mug of tea at a local cafe.
4262205399_e834a3eac1_large
Photo: Flickr
How amazing is this photo? Skating on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa might be nice, but skating in Amsterdam has to be so much more amazing. For people who don't know me, fall and winter are my favourite seasons. It's something about the snow and how it can make even the most unsightly things beautiful.

This video is amazing. The first time I watched it, I was in awe. You never see this many people riding bicycles in Ottawa. I wish Canadian cities were more bicycle friendly. 

I would really love to visit the Netherlands one of these days, and not when I'm too old to travel. Ideally within the next few years. I don't think I would want to travel with someone though, I want want to do it alone. I don't know what it is, but I feel as though travelling with someone who doesn't appreciate the area as much as I do would distract me from taking in everything around me. Once I learn Dutch, I'll be set. I have a few language books lying around. One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...