July 02, 2010

North of Light's End

It's July 2nd and the weather these past few days has been a bit chilly (around 17 degrees celsius) and its bringing me back to my love of the fall and winter seasons. I'm not really a summer person, anything higher than 25 degrees celsius is definitely too warm for me! Since I'm a lover of the cooler seasons, I thought I would compile a few things that are inspiring me at the moment and what I'm looking forward to once autumn is upon us again!
H&M Mustard Scarf, Elle Oversized Cardi, Primark Bag, Topshop Skirt
Photo: lookbook.nu

I love the combination of colours in this photo. I always had this strange aversion to mustard yellow, but the way it's balanced out with the dusty rose colour of her cardigan makes this outfit a beautiful combination.

Tumblr_l0odc4u8ds1qbvlgzo1_500_large
Photo: weheartit

Tumblr_kxnsw1xbsn1qaynb1o1_400_large
Photo: weheartit

How pretty is this hairstyle by the way? It looks like a combination of inverted/dutch braiding and hair curling and it looks like the ends were tucked underneath the braid. I think a lot of people try to perfect the art of french braiding, making them look neat and clean, but the effect becomes so much softer and ethereal when its messy like the photo above. I like to think I'm pretty good at doing braids, but it's going to take a bit of time for my hair to grow longer, when I can really experiment with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...