September 12, 2010

O My Heart

Today is just one of those inside days where you can cozy up in a blanket and watch the world reinvent itself through the rain. Where sidewalks are swept clean of dirt and cigarette butts, and that earthy smell arises from the ground.  I honestly live for these days. Often in life things can be so hectic and unpredictable, and we need one of those rainy days to relax and recharge ourselves. A perfect day to sleep in and watch a movie.

For dinner I made maple-roasted chicken with sweet potatoes. It was delish. The first meal that felt home cooked. I added cubes of butternut squash to add some flavour and it complimented everything perfectly. Recipe compliments of RealSimple. I saved half of it for dinner tomorrow, and I'll probably end up making more, y'know, since I have like 3/4 of butternut squash left. Maybe I should tackle butternut squash soup? Nom.

1 comment:

  1. That dish looks sooooo Autumny. The colors are perfect for the season (even though September felt like summer this year).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...