September 28, 2010

A Winner Needs A Wand

Today I remembered why I am minoring in Film Studies. I've had a few of those classes where I'm just there for the credit and don't actually pay attention in class, but the classes I'm taking right now are so interesting and I love them. In my evening class we watched The Maltese Falcon which was made in 1941, directed by John Huston and based on the novel by Dashiell Hammet. 

This movie was probably one the best I've seen in a long time. I was so smitten with Humphrey Bogart as Samuel Spade. I don't know what it is, his face, his impeccable style or the way he talked, but Humphrey Bogart is a heartthrob! If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself.
 
Google Image Search
Sometimes I wish modern day style were like it was in the 1930's and 1940's. I find that right now the dress is so casual, with sweatpants and what not. If only every day wear were as nice as the outfits in this movie.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...