October 24, 2010

Colour Blind

Apparently Ottawa got it's first snowfall of...fall? It's kind of early for that kind of weather, but I remember last year watching the snow fall in mid-October. Most of the leaves have fallen off of the trees already, leaving the tree branches bare and exposed. As much as I love seeing the intricacy of the branches, without the leaves, it seems a bit naked. 

After the trees are bare, I like to see a little snow on the ground. I think it has to do with my love/hate affair with November (love being my one of my dearest friend's birthday!). It's kind of an "in between seasons" month, no leaves and no snow. So to get things started, I've selected a few of my favourite snow pictures. 
Tumblr_l8nhxhh1nb1qa37bzo1_500_large
Tumblr_l9nzgh55tx1qzt8yio1_500_large
Tumblr_l9sohdjpo91qdh0n3o1_500_large
I find that Winter is the most romantic season. The landscape looks so beautiful with a blanket of snow over it. Winter nights are one of my favourite things in the entire world. I have so many happy memories about winter, ice skating, crazy carpeting, cold ears and noses, rosy cheeks, candy cane hot chocolate, fresh air, big snowflakes, mittens.  I could go on forever. I would be so happy to live somewhere where it's winter all year. Yes, I know, I'm weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read each and every one and will get back to you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...